Star Trek: Lower Decks has become a fan-favorite for its comedic animated spin on the legendary Star Trek series. It’s now set to release on Blu-ray, DVD, and steelbook on May 18. There are plenty of bonuses for fans that pick up the first season including the “Lower Decktionary,” which is described as “a multi-part exploration of the series’ music, art design, animation process and more.” Other bonuses include interviews with voice actors, deleted and extended scenes, and an exploration of the series’ many Easter eggs.
ComingSoon.net is excited to premiere one of the extended scene animatics that will be on the Blu-ray and DVD set. Check out the exclusive Star Trek: Lower Decks extended driving scene clip below:
A second season of the show will premiere on Paramount+ on August 12, 2021. A third season was ordered last month.
Below you can find a full list of features for the home video release:
- CRISIS POINT: THE RISE OF VINDICTA TRAILER – An exclusive, over-the-top action trailer based on the in-episode movie from “Crisis Point.”
- FACES OF THE FLEET – A deep dive into the crew of the U.S.S. Cerritos, alongside producers, writers and the cast of Star Trek: Lower Decks. Highlighting character backstories and the behind-the-scenes development of their hilarious on-screen personalities, this exclusive featurette takes a look at Ensigns Beckett Mariner, Ensign Brad Boimler, Ensign Samanthan Rutherford, Ensign D’Vana Tendi and more.
- HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT – An inside look at canon and hidden Easter eggs throughout the series, including freeze frame images and insightful commentary from producers, creatives and cast.
- LOWER DECKTIONARY:
- JOINING STARFLEET (Episode 101) – Producers and crew discuss the development of season one from storyline to visual artistry.
- ALIENS AMONG US (Episode 102) – Dives into the different aliens Ensigns Brad Boimler and Beckett Mariner encounter as they escort K’orin to the Tulgana 4 planet
- THE ANIMATION PROCESS (Episode 103) – A look at the efficiency and creativity needed to put together an episode of Lower Decks in this other-worldly look at the animation process.
- THE MAIN TITLES (Episode 104) – Immersed in the creation of the episode’s title sequence, the featurette explores the graphic design and thematic music developed for Lower Decks.
- ART DESIGN (Episode 105) – A look at characters’ style and the sets that elevate the animated on-screen adventures of the U.S.S. Cerritos.
- THE HOLODECK (Episode 106) – Including interviews with cast and creatives, the featurette highlights what Holodeck experience they would like, how characters use it, and how it’s not only used for skills training, but sanity
- DIVISION 14 (Episode 107) – Not everything goes right for Starfleet – catch up with Division 14 who is tasked with dealing with all the unexpected mishaps.
- DECK DYNAMICS (Episode 108) – A dive into the upper and lower deck dynamics, and how their comedic interactions contribute to the storyline throughout season one.
- THE MUSIC OF LOWER DECKS (Episode 109) – Star Trek music is iconic. Explore how traditional themes have been integrated into Lower Decks and the episode’s in-story movie in this deep dive into the differences of scoring for animation versus live action, and comedy versus drama.
- ALL IN THE FAMILY (Episode 110) – As the debut comes to a close, fans can take a look at evolution of the crew and their relationships over the last year, and how Lower Decks fits into the Star Trek family as a few legacy characters appear.
- FULL-LENGTH ANIMATIC
- DELETED AND EXTENDED ANIMATICS
The post Exclusive Clip: Star Trek: Lower Decks Extended Driving Scene appeared first on ComingSoon.net.